Boys Program Overview
Pure Basketball offers AAU teams for boys who want to compete at the National, Regional and Local levels. Our boys teams are highly competitive and our coaches are some of the best teachers of the game.
We are a year-round basketball program, providing sessions in the Spring (Mid-February through June), Summer (June through August), Fall (September – November) and Winter (December through February). Teams practice one to two times per week and play in 4 or more tournaments – depending on the season. Tryouts are held prior to each session and you must register online to tryout. Click here for tryout information.
If you are selected for one of Pure Basketball’s AAU teams, you must do the following prior to your first practice:
- Register with the Amateur Athletic Union (see steps below) and bring a confirmation print out to the first practice.
- Complete the Pure Basketball AAU online registration form and pay. You will be prompted to pay after completing the form.
- Print and complete the forms in the Parent Packet .
- Bring a copy of the player’s birth certificate along with a small (wallet size) photo to the first practice.
1. Register with the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU).
- Go to www.aausports.org, then click “JOIN AAU”.
- Click the blue “Click Here to Register” button.
- Enter an email address and password, then click Register.
- Click the New Membership button.
- Click one of the Athlete Sign-up buttons
- Complete the form choosing the following at the bottom of the form. (Print the completed registration page and bring to the first practice.)
- Program: Youth Program
- Sport: Basketball
- Membership Term / Category: Extended Coverage Membership $16.00
- Enter Club Code: WYADEY
2. Complete the AAU Registration Form and Pay Fees Online.
Click here to register online. Once you’ve submitted the registration form, you will be directed to Paypal where you can pay your fees online. You can pay with either a Paypal account or credit/debit card. (If you plan to pay by check, close the Paypal window, then contact Bruce Hicks at email@example.com)
Uniform costs are included as part of Pure Basketball’s fees. Fees for each season are listed below. (Fees are subject to change.)
- Fall: $550
- Winter: $500
- Spring: $825
- Spring (9U-11U): $550
- Summer: $500
3. Complete the Forms in the Parent Packet.
Complete the Parent Packet
. Fill out all forms in the packet completely and submit them online. No player will be permitted to practice until all of the required forms are submitted. For general liability reasons there can be no exceptions made to this rule. (Again, only complete these forms if you have been selected for a team.)
Forms listed in the packet:
- Liability and Waiver Agreement Form (pdf)
- Media Release Form (pdf)
- Player Code of Ethics Form (pdf)
- Parent Code of Ethics Form (pdf)